Monday, July 23, 2012

Pecan and Herb Crusted Trout

I am still at a loss of words for how great this turned out.  I have been trying to eat more fish lately, and with this recipe I think I could eat trout every night.  All of the flavours complimented each other so well.  I was worried that the parsley would be overpowering, but the lemon zest toned it down, and the pecans added a wonderful, subtle crunch.  It was just perfect.  And it looked very appetizing too, like something I would be served at a fine restaurant.  Even my hubby made multiple comments about how good it was!  I made my Lemon Rosemary Potatoes, green beans with parmesan cheese, and delicious yellow zucchini as sides.  I will add the recipe for the zucchini at the bottom of this post, as it went really well with the trout and can be cooked at the same time in the oven.

Pecan and Herb Crusted Rainbow Trout
1 1/2 pounds rainbow trout fillets, skin on
3 tbsp crushed pecans
1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 lemon
1 garlic clove, minced
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Rinse the fillets and pat dry with paper towel; place skin side down on a parchment lined baking sheet.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grate the rind from the lemon.  Mix the lemon rind with the remaining ingredients and then coat the trout fillets with it, rubbing it in so it sticks.  Bake for 10 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.  Serve immediately and enjoy!

Before the baking...

Yellow Zucchini

Slice a whole yellow zucchini (summer squash) into thick slices.  Toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, and a tablespoon of diced onions.  Place in the centre of a piece of foil and fold it around the zucchini to make a packet.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.  The zucchini should still be firm, not mushy.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. Bolt Posts

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!